(NAB) — HP Inc. announced a true Cinema 4K display, arming color professionals with new features, like color-critical accuracy and automatic calibration, to produce the films and animations of tomorrow. Designed in collaboration with top visual effects and animation studios, the new HP DreamColor Z31x Studio and HP DreamColor Z24X G2 displays are enabling artists, photographers and filmmakers to create without having to worry about lackluster display performance.
The HP DreamColor Z31x Studio Display delivers features designed for color professionals, including an expansive color gamut for remarkably vivid colors, innovation to deliver incredible blacks, a built-in colorimeter for self-calibration, and intuitive workflow and management tools. The HP Z31x is crafted with a high-quality, custom panel and technology that allow users to see amazing colors, deep rich blacks, and professional level craftsmanship to withstand years of use.
HP has once again pushed the limits of innovation to bring users outstanding accuracy and consistent color from displays, to the big screen and print.
Key features of this 31-inch diagonal display include:
- Precise image quality from any viewing angle.
- Reliable and accurate color with an advanced built-in colorimeter capable of measuring and adjusting on-screen performance automatically or at scheduled intervals or on demand.
- Workflow accelerating features that allow users to create in Cinema 4K resolution, view in True 2K, and speed projects from concept to completion with onscreen markers and keyboard-based input switching between devices.
The HP Z24x G2 DreamColor Display delivers the color accuracy and consistency that has become synonymous with the HP DreamColor brand. This DreamColor display’s affordable price allows every artist to have a professional color accurate display on their desks. The HP Z24x, HP’s most affordable color-critical display, offers:
A 24-inch diagonal DreamColor panel that produces up to 1 billion colors from a massive color gamut covering 99 percent of Adobe® RGB.
- Pure, consistent color accuracy from design to production with color calibration on the amazingly affordable display.
- Push-button color space selection.
- Calibration software for both Windows and macOS supporting both the X-Rite i1Display Pro and the Klein Instruments K10-A colorimeters.
The HP DreamColor Z24x G2 Display is scheduled to be available in early July for $559. The HP Z31x DreamColor Studio Display is scheduled to be available later this year for $3,999.